Lifestyle IS Medicine, A Complete Paradigm Shift
Please register for our ASLMASIA online community to be able to see all videos of the First Lifestyle Medicine Conference in India, Bangalore and have access to even more benefits.
A complete Paradigm shift – treat the root cause, reverse the disease.Download our Lifestyle is Medicine Brochure: Bangalore 2018 Conference Brochure
An evidence-based lifestyle medicine intervention in preventing, arresting and reversing non-communicable chronic diseases which are lifestyle related.
Education, Skills Development, and Certification
- Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine
- Nutrition Assessment & Prescription
- Active lifestyle and exercise
- Stress management & emotional wellness
- Behavioral interventions
- Sleep health and Addiction recovery
- Clinical processes and non-drug modalities
- Develop appropriate abilities and skills among Practitioners to match the demand of the growing trend in Lifestyle diseases and the changing health care delivery;
- Provide participants the opportunity to commit to improving their own personal practices to serve as a better role model to their patients;
- Enhance the competence and performance-in-practice of Physicians and health workers by utilizing evidence-based strategies incorporated into patient care, providing the newest science in nutrition, physical activity, and management skills;
- Participants will be able to acquire a Lifestyle Medicine Certificate of Competency and eventually qualify for the IBLM certification exam.
Course DescriptionLifestyle Medicine does not only prevent disease but is integral to the treatment, management and even reversal of many noncommunicable chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, stroke, high cholesterol, cancer, depression, anxiety, arthritis, and obesity. This course offers the knowledge and skills covering core competencies that were recommended and identified by a national consensus panel of representatives from several physicians and health professional organizations in the United States of America as the basis for providing quality lifestyle medicine services template. The major focus is on the provision of foundational competencies for primary care physicians to develop practical skills on clinical processes, as well as non-drug lifestyle medicine modalities: nutrition, physical activity, sleep, coaching behavior change, addiction recovery (paan, tobacco, alcohol), and stress management/emotional wellness. The program is carefully designed for different levels of profession primarily for Medical Doctors as well as allied health professionals (Ph.D., MA, Bachelors). Attendees will receive the latest updates in lifestyle medicine best practices and will also have the opportunity to hone new skills through participation in demonstration sessions and workshops embedded in the program. Participants will obtain an education that will mold them to stay at the forefront of this critical global trend in medical care and to lead by example in transforming not only the patients but the practitioners as well.
Register for Conference at:
Register for the conference also at www.lifestylemedicineconference.asia (At the end of the registration process, a $5-20 non-refundable processing fee will be added to your registration)
Conference FeeTier 1: Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan Tier 2: China, Malaysia, Thailand Tier 3: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
- Structured online group study series for IBLM exam preparation will begin on Oct 1, 2018
- Registration is FREE!!! Simply select this option in the online registration form.
- Fee includes lunch only. Please make your own room reservations.
- Last day for online registration is on Nov 30, 2018.
- The fee applies whether you attend for 1 day or 2 days.
- You are welcome to join for Spot Registration on Dec 3 & 4, 2018. For assistance please see staff at the conference registration desk.
- Radisson Blu Atria Bengaluru #1, Palace Rd, Ambedkar Veedhi Bengaluru, Karnataka 560001, India
- Please visit hotel website for more information: www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-bengaluru
Event Schedule* Complete conference schedule will be posted on the conference website. * Remote Group study schedule will be sent upon successful registration.
Registration, Payment, Confirmation and Refund PolicyRegistrations for Asian Society of Lifestyle Medicine programs are made via our secure online system. To register for this conference, please visit the conference website at www.lifestylemedicineasia.org. At the end of the registration process, a $5-20 non-refundable processing fee will be added to your registration, and you will have the choice of paying by debit or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express). The online registration system will provide you with instructions. Upon receipt of your paid registration, an email confirmation from the ASLM will be sent to you. Be sure to include an email address that you check frequently. Your email address is used from critical information, including registration confirmation, evaluation, and certificate. Refunds, less an administrative fee of $10 will be issued for all cancellations received two weeks prior to the start of the course. Refund requests must be received by postal mail or email. No refund will be issued should cancellation occur less than two weeks prior. “No shows” are subject to the full course fee and no refunds will be issued once the conference has started.
Direct Contact Person
- Dr. Pramodh RK, email@example.com, Mobile #: +919900999116
- Clara Liaw, [email protected], Mobile #: +66868946099
ASLM – Asian Society of Lifestyle Medicine
- President: Jenny Lee, Ph.D., MPH CHES, CWP, DipIBLM – [email protected]
- Secretary: Samuel George Hansdak, MD, MBBS, MA, FAIMER President-Elect, India Representative – [email protected]
- Associate Secretary: Cathy Turvill, Certified Health & Wellness Coach – [email protected]
- Treasurer: Herb Giebel, MD, MS, MPH, DipIBLM, FASLM – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director for Research: Xin Ma, MD, Ph.D., DipIBLM – [email protected]
- Director of Education: Mechelle Acero Palma, MD, MMHA, DipIBLM – [email protected]
- Director of Membership: Lyn Villanueva, MD, DipIBLM Lyn – [email protected]
- Director of Operations, Events & Social Media: Clara Liaw, MBA – [email protected]
- IT Committee Chair: Johann Kim T. Manez, MD, DipIBLM, FACLM Immediate Past President – [email protected]
- Chief Information Officer: Andi Becker – [email protected]
- Executive Director: Andy Ng, DrPH, DipIBLM – [email protected]